Life can take in an unexpected twist in the blink of an eye. Three weeks ago my husband was taken into hospital with a bacterial infection – similar to the illness he contracted in Chicago three years ago. It looked as though he was making a good recovery but things took a turn for the worst and he had to have life-saving heart surgery. He remains in intensive care.
Writing has always been my solace and while I’ve been keeping a personal family diary for my husband, I’ve also found blogging about happy times a great distraction. I have no doubt reading your posts will do exactly the same so City Tripping is back. Do link up your posts below.
During half term we went to London’s Kew Gardens to explore its Orchid Fesival which is the post I’m linking up today. Cathy’s favourites from last week are below.
The Torre Argentina Cat Sanctuary, Rome – Mini Adventures
Biking and Art on the Atlanta Beltline – Hilary Style
Why you need to stay in this Ottawa hostel – Bright Lights of America
20 things to do in south Bank Brisbane – Tracy’s Travels in Time
What Is City Tripping?
City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf. It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How To Join In
– Link up one post – old or new.
– Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wan
– Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks.
– Please share the linky love and comment on the host’s linked post and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
– Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @
– We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram
– The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between MummyTravels and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.