After two wonderful weeks in beautiful Sri Lanka, I arrived back in the UK this weekend. I don’t know about you, but I always find it strange coming home after a prolonged period abroad – especially when I have been somewhere with such a vastly different culture. After spending so much time absorbing the sights, sounds and smells of a different country, taking a stroll in my home town felt so…well…normal. No one stared at me for looking different, or offered me a ride in a tuk tuk and a sunset in London isn’t quite the same as one in tropical climes.
Of course, coming home is very comforting and makes you appreciate what you have. It also makes you look upon your familiar sights a tad differently and your own life with a renewed perspective. But, I do miss the tropical sun, palm trees and seeing a different culture and way of life. London and the familiar will have to do for now though…before I’m off on my travels again.
How about you? Where have you been? Can’t wait to read all your posts for City Tripping. I have a ton of writing to do on my Sri Lanka trip, in the meantime, I’m sharing my big eating adventure in Singapore while Cathy at MummyTravels is linking her visit to the quirky handbag and purse museum in Amsterdam. Some of our favourite posts from last week were….
Top Tips For Visiting San Francisco With Kids – One Tiny Leap
Florence In A Day – Fifi And Hop
How I Freaked Out My Kids At State Historical Museum, Moscow – Kidding Herself
The Best Way For Kids To Enjoy Florence – Globetotting
Check them out if you haven’t already and enjoy reading this week’s posts. For those unfamiliar with the linky, here’s what it is all about.
What is City Tripping?
City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends and even if it is your home turf. It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – pretty much anything as long as it is city related. We can’t wait to read all your posts!
How to join in the city fun
– Link up one post – old or new
– Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
– Posts must be about your experiences in a city – any city – from reviews of days out to longer breaks
– Please share the linky love and comment on the two hosts’ posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows you’re visiting from the linky
– Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers – We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
– City Tripping will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between myself and Mummytravels. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.