As a hot, sultry September day shone down on us last week my little girl had her first day at school. She took it completely in her stride and I have been so proud of her and how she has adapted to her new life in ‘big school’. This momentous moment does have a fairly large impact on us though…no more big trips for us over the next few weeks as we are now tied to the school holidays. The lack of travel might mean I can finally catch up on all posts I need to write from past trips!
This week the summer seems to have finally come to an end. The unseasonably hot weather has disappeared and now one of the summer’s big events, the Rio Olympics and Paralympics, has come to a close. Four years ago, London was celebrating its hugely successful games. Earlier this month, I took a trip to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to see the legacy left by London 2012. I am linking my post on it to this week’s City Tripping while Cathy takes us to Barcelona. Please link up your city-related posts below.
Apologies for being a bit late with my comments last week – it was a super busy week. I hoping this one won’t be quite so hectic. Our favourites from last week were.
Budapest: Yellow Zebra Bike Tours – Tanama Tales
Top 15 Must Visit Audrey Hepburn Locations – California Globetrotter
12 Hours In Juneau, Alaska – Diary Of A Tourist
Visiting The Old Bailey and Inns Court, London – A Family Day Out
As well as sharing and commenting on your posts, we will also be pinning them on our City Tripping Pinterest board so if you need any more city inspiration, be sure to check it out and follow our Pinterest board featuring past posts. Let me know if you would like an invite to pin on the board.
Follow Wander Mum’s board City Tripping on Pinterest.
What Is City Tripping?
City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf. It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How To Join In
– Link up one post – old or new.
– Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wan
– Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks.
– Please share the linky love and comment on the two hosts’ linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
– Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @
– We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram
– The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between MummyTravels and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.