I find it quite fascinating how we can visit a sight, city or country and have a completely different perspective and experience than the person next to us. Having read through all your lovely comments on the post I linked last week about my visit to Gamla Stan in Stockholm, it was very insightful to hear about the places which didn’t quite live up to your expectations. Barcelona came up a couple of times and I am pleased to hear I’m not the only one to have felt a touch of ‘travel fatigue’. Looking forward to reading your posts and comments for this week’s City Tripping, the linky I co-host with Cathy at MummyTravel. This time I am linking up my post of 8 awesome things to do in Fort Worth, Texas.
Thank you to those who linked up last week. Our favourites were.
London Canals: little Venice to Camden – Untold Morsels
A perfect day in Toledo – Tanama Tales
Day Trip to Hiroshima & Miyajima Island – Travel with Nano B
How to spend two days in Manila – Kat Pegi Mana
Cathy and I wanted to write a reminder that this linky is only for posts focusing on city travel. We try not to be too strict – one country’s city can be smaller than another country’s town and we’re as happy with ancient cities as modern day ones, or quiet green corners of a big metropolis – but if your city doesn’t feature a city at all or is talking about escaping the city there are some other great travel linkys where it is a better fit. From now on, we’ll be deleting any linked posts which aren’t on the theme.
If you aren’t sure, drop us a line, we’re very friendly, honest! Thanks as ever to everyone who does linkup – we always enjoy reading your posts and love the City Tripping community that has built up.
As well as sharing and commenting on your posts, we will also be pinning them on our City Tripping Pinterest board so if you need any more city inspiration, be sure to check it out and follow our Pinterest board featuring past posts. Let me know if you would like an invite to pin on the board.
Follow Wander Mum’s board City Tripping on Pinterest.
What Is City Tripping?
City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf. It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How To Join In
– Link up one post – old or new. This week it is over with Cathy at MummyTravels
– Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wan
– Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks.
– Please share the linky love and comment on the two hosts’ linked posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
– Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @
– We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram
– The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between MummyTravels and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.