South East Asia was where I truly caught the travel bug – sixteen years ago. My time backpacking in the region cemented my love of travel and desire to see the world. Now we are back in the region – as a family of four – visiting some new places and a familiar one too. The trip has been a reminder of why we love to travel as a family and how enriching and educational it can be. A walk through the night markets of Mong Kok in Hong Kong was one such example. I am linking my post on our experience of the dazzling bright lights and hectic energy of this area to this week’s City Tripping.
You’ll have noticed the City Tripping main picture this week is of Stockholm – in memory of those who have been affected by last week’s events. I visited the city last summer and am deeply saddened by what has happened there. My thoughts are with those affected.
Please link up your city-related posts below. Apologies if there is a slight delay in me getting through them all as I am overseas and have a bit of a time difference.
Thank you to Ting from My Travel Monkey for standing in as guest host for Cathy last week. Her favourites were.
Awesome Hidden Spots and Off The Beaten Track in Barcelona – Man vs Globe
You Should Never Visit Venice – Eff It… I’m On Holiday
Warner Bros Studio Tour – Hilary Style
Hong Kong Flower Market – The Little Adventurer
Please link up your posts below and do join in with the commenting using the #citytripping hashtag. As well as sharing and commenting on your posts, we also pin any pinable images from your posts onto our City Tripping Pinterest board so if you need any more city inspiration, be sure to check it out and please us on Pinterest too. Let me know if you would like an invite to pin on the board.
Follow Wander Mum’s board City Tripping on Pinterest.
What Is City Tripping?
City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related travel posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends or it’s your home turf. It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – as long as it is city-related travel.
How To Join In
– Link up one post – old or new.
– Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wan
– Posts must be about your travel experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks.
– Please share the linky love and comment on the host’s linked post and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows where you’re visiting from
– Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @
– We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram
– The City Tripping linky will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between MummyTravels and myself. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.