Where better to spend Mother’s Day than the great city of London? As a family we don’t visit central London nearly enough but on Sunday we hopped on the train and headed to the Natural History Museum..wandering through Kensington on the way in the bright sunshine.
I have always been put off by the queuing at the National History, but it went down very quickly and the trip was a huge success. It has only heighened by daughter’s love of dinosaurs and made me realise that I have a lot to learn if I am going to get grilled by a three year old on the history – and names – of dinosaurs.
I am looking forward to reading all about your city adventures in this week’s City Tripping. You may be interested in the GIVEAWAY I am hosting at the moment to win one of 20 self-guided walk apps in a city of your choice with GPSmyCity.
I’m revisiting Istanbul for my linked post this week for my Do’s and Don’ts of visiting the Blue Mosque. I visited the Turkish city in June but Nisbah from Five Adventurers chose it as one of her favourite places to visit in spring for my post on destinations to visit in spring.
Thanks to everyone who linked up last week. Some of our favourites included.
The Unschool Trip: Flanders – Family Adventure Project
As well as commenting and sharing your posts on social media, we also pin an image to our Pinterest board. Please do follow us there and let us know if you would like an invitation to pin to the board as well. If you are new to City Tripping, here’s what to do…
Follow Wander Mum’s board City Tripping on Pinterest.
What is City Tripping?
City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends and even if it is your home turf. It could be a day out, a review of an attraction, long weekend or sharing your best insider info and hidden gems – pretty much anything as long as it is city related. We can’t wait to read all your posts!
How to join in the city fun
– Link up one post – old or new
– Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
– Posts must be about your experiences in a city – any city – from reviews of days out to longer breaks
– Please share the linky love and comment on the two hosts’ posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows you’re visiting from the linky
– Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers – We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wander Mum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
– City Tripping will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between myself and Mummytravels. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.