I find it hard not to get inspired by the London marathon. Seeing runners of all ages and abilities taking to the streets and running 26.2 miles is an incredible feat and hearing many of the stories about why they are running the race and the charities they are supporting makes it an even more emotional event. I always get choked up when watching. So, congratulations to everyone who took part at the weekend – especially those of my friends of whom I am super proud!
Although I didn’t go to watch it in person this year (I decided the mixture of crowds, late pregnancy and a three year old might be a bit too much), I have supported my husband from the sidelines on the three occasions he has run. One day I would like to be one of those runners pounding the streets of London…just the small matter of giving birth and getting my fitness back first! I hope you have been enjoying some city sights this week. Thanks to everyone who linked up to City Tripping last week. Our top picks were…
Nantes And Its Fabulous Giant Elephant – Lou Messugo
Snapshots From Prague – Piccolo Explorer
House Sit Becoming Nightmare in Kenya – Grey World Nomads
How Many Times Have You Visited London – The Red Phone Box Travels
This week my co-host, Cathy from MummyTravels, is off jetsetting around Burma, so the lovely Lisa from Travel Loving Family has stepped up as guest host so please pop over and link up your city-related posts with her.
As well as commenting and sharing your posts on social media, we also pin an image to our Pinterest board. Please follow us there and let us know if you would like an invitation to pin to the board as well. If you are new to City Tripping, here’s what to do… Follow Wander Mum’s board City Tripping on Pinterest.
What is City Tripping?
City Tripping is the place to come and link up your city-related posts. We want to find out the best of things to do and see in the city, any city in the world, whether you are travelling as a family, a couple or with friends and even if it is your home turf.
How to join in the city fun
– Link up one post – old or new. This week, you can link up your posts with Lisa at Travel Living Family
– Please add the City Tripping badge to the bottom of the post or link back to either Mummytravels.com or Wandermum.co.uk – the badge code is below
– Posts must be about your experiences in a city – any city, from reviews of days out to longer breaks
– Please share the linky love and comment on the two hosts’ posts and at least two others which take your fancy, using #citytripping so everyone knows you’re visiting from the linky
– Tweet us your links @wander_mum and @mummytravels along with the #citytripping hashtag and we will retweet to our followers
– We’ll be sharing your posts elsewhere on social media – we’d love it if you wanted to follow us there too: Wandermum (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest, YouTube) and MummyTravels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
– City Tripping will go live every Tuesday morning until 23.55pm on Thursday and will alternate between myself and Mummytravels. We’ll be sharing our favourites every week too.